The course aims is to develop growth and need for Integrated Water Resources Management (IWRM) using the concept in approaching sustainable water resources development agenda. The traditional fragmented approach is no longer viable therefore more holistic and coordinated approach is essential. Integrated Water Resources Management (IWRM) approach which has been accepted internationally where climate, land use and demographic activities are considered for water management.
Whom is course relevant?
The course is relevant for a students, engineers and professionals working in the field of water. Course will be delivered in english and computer skills are required.
What will be achieved?
On completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Participants are expected to develop and extend the understanding on the multi-dimensional characteristics of water resources
- Develop appreciation on the concept of IWRM and its value in water resources planning, management and decision-making
- Develop skills on identifying, formulating and analyzing management problems in water resources systems especially in the context of IWRM.
What is the course content?
Lectures and exercises to demonstrate the various aspects of the Water Management. IWRM Framework
- Analysis of man-environment system.
- Different management task both physical and policy.
- Roles of different managing actors like individual, community, local governments.